Imagine a dip that has the amazing smoky flavor of bacon without having to actually make bacon. Add to that, the heat of jalapeños and lots of cheese. Then throw in a layer of crunch on top because more texture, right? Well, that dream just came true.
I used bacon Ritz crackers to make this possible. It was an accidental buy, but it turned out to be a great one. Beware tho, this dip is addictive. It’s so easy to make and really hard not to hover over at parties.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15-20 Jalapeño slices from a jar, chopped
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp of the liquid from jalapeño jar.
- 15 Bacon Ritz crackers, crushed (toss in a Ziploc bag and crush them)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Scallions to garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese and mayo until blended. Add in the jalapeños, jalapeño juice, and cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust desired level of heat. Top with Ritz crackers and pour butter evenly over the top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden. Top with scallions and serve.